Monday 18 October 2010

Wargames Illustrated Photo Shoot

Ok, so it's the middle of October and I am still way behind. The Wargaming season has started fairly well for me, a new Necromunda campaign looms and I am busy painting figures for my 40mm French & Indian Wars game which I am taking to Salute 2011.

In the writing world I am actually working on new stuff for Warhammer Ahoy! including (finally) a new website, but writing for Wargames Illustrated is taking priority. In August I was visited by Dan, the UK editor who brought his camera gear and a minion to take some pics of End Of Empire, as I am gong to write a couple of articles about Victorian Adventure Gaming.
Now there are several distinct advantages with having the guys from WI coming to do a photo shoot; firstly I have an excuse to get EVERYTHING out for EOE (and by now we have tonnes of stuff) Secondly they bring proper lighting gear which means even I can get some pretty good shots and lastly I get my subscription renewed, huzzah.

So the articles are underway, Dan has sent me a PDF of the best shots he took which I can use when writing and as I can't use any of them til the articles are out I have put up some of mine taken on the day instead. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that's some lovely eye cady! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots more to come. Look out for the articles, probably in the new year. Dan's pics are way better than mine:0)

    ReplyDelete